- Purchasing Clerk
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in industrial purchasing or general customer service
- Lawrence, PA
- High school education with continuing education in purchasing & business related areas
- January 10, 2020
- January 10, 2020
- January 10, 2021
Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests. Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient, ordering more materials when necessary. Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations. Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems. Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Send request for quotes to suppliers and check for accuracy when received.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery date on all RFQ’s.
- Track Status and Expedite all Request for Quotations and Orders.
- Place all orders required.
- Manage assets in Q-Pulse, including initial purchases, calibration, station assignments and replacements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Internal: Must positively interface with entire company staff.
- External: Must maintain positive working relationships with customers and new and existing vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Work outside normal defined hours as required, including some evening and weekends
- Strong customer service skills
- Time management skill
- Basic computer skills
- Good interpersonal and telephone skills
- Ability to make judgments and sound decisions
- Ability to coordinate the work of others
- Ability to negotiate
- Vision and hearing correctable to within normal range
- Basic office equipment-telephone, fax, copier
- Personal computer and printer
Hanco LTD reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.