- 3-5 years
- Lawrence, PA
- High school diploma or equivalent
- January 10, 2020
- January 10, 2020
- January 10, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Receive and follow specific and differing work scopes and instructions on a daily basis as each equipment’s instructions are different.
- Check the allotted required completion time of each task being performed and meet the estimated timeframe.
- Clean and disassemble equipment using hand tools, pneumatic/power equipment, hydraulic equipment, torches, and cranes.
- Inspect equipment using visual, measuring and non-destructive techniques. Use of micrometers and dial indicators to the .001” accuracy is standard. Determine the accuracy of the actual measurement to the specified dimension, which at times will be reverse engineered by the mechanic.
- Take and record all required measurements at disassembly: gear backlash, shaft end-play, radial and axial runout, etc., per the formalized work instructions.
- Enter your disassembly and inspections findings using Hanco’s electronic reporting software. Visual and dimension findings, photos, explanations and repair opinions are entered in the software by the mechanic and reviewed with the foreman.
- Assemble equipment to industry standards: AGMA, ANSI, ABEC, etc. Take and record all required measurements at assembly and testing: gear backlash, shaft end-play, radial and axial runout, torque readings, temperature, vibration etc., per the formalized work instructions and training given.
- Perform all work in a safe manner.
- Follow the formal written Hanco work instructions, WI-##, in all job related areas.
- Clean work area and shop equipment after use and put tooling back in its proper location.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned for the successful operation of the shop.
- Inside/outside micrometers
- Telescopic ID micrometers
- Pin Gauges
- Hardness Tester
- Air Multiplier
- Hydraulic Pullers
- 1/2 inch, ¾ inch, and 1 inch impact guns
- Other disassembly and assembly equipment
- Mechanical ability
- Ability to work under specific instructions
- Good attention to detail
- High level of manual dexterity
- Ability to make judgments and decisions
- Mid-level general learning aptitude
- Vision and hearing correctable to within normal range
Hanco LTD reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.